La Mariposa and Nicaragua Network
YOUTH DELEGATION TO NICARAGUA
January 2nd to 14th 2013
WHAT KIND OF DEVELOPMENT IS POSSIBLE?
Social projects, economic development, protection of the environment – are all three possible simultaneously?
Experience, learn and consider the issues through an exciting and powerful combination of
- Hands on service work in a local school, on an organic farm, on an eco build construction project or helping with English
- Visiting a range of social projects, eg the Managua rubbish dump clean up, local housing projects, youth environmental groups
- A couple of days on the stunning volcanic island of Ometepe to learn whilst swimming, climbing a volcano or just relaxing!
- Talking directly with young Nicaraguans to share their views on the future of the economy and the environment
- Taking time each day to watch a film, reflect and join in led discussions
- Staying in an environment where every care has been taken to protect and enhance the local environment – from using solar heated water, eating meals of organic veggies grown on our community garden scheme in a dining hall built of straw to caring for rescued dogs and horses
Price $1050 (excludes air fare) Min age is 16 years
Accommodation in the Mariposa Study Centre will be in single sex dormitories. Two adults will be present at all times. No alcohol.
Situated in the pueblo of La Concepcion (in the department of Masaya), La Mariposa is a Spanish school, ecohotel, animal rescue centre and as a nonprofit we fund a wide range of community and environmental projects. Check our webpage and tripadvisor reviews.
More info email@example.com